20060119

Everyone Has an Opinion

My friend (a liberal unfortunately) sent me something from the Opinion section of cbsnews.com entitled, "An Iranian Misadventure" by Matthew Yglesias (The American Prospect). In this article, he rants and raves about how the current administration should have done this and should have done that. He, like all liberals, claim that all has gone wrong and no good has come of it and that all the decisions were incorrect. He tries to tell us that the Iranians could have been negotiated with right after 9-11, a treaty or some sort of agreement.

It seems that liberals have very few effective weapons in their political arsenals, but one of their best is hindsight and of course to discredit their opponents through character assassination. As I recall, there were very few if any constructive suggestions on how to deal with the Iranians or anyone else for that matter shortly after 9-11. All the blowhards and their opinions were rendered silent. Where was he? Where was all this great advise?

I would venture to say that they were hiding in dark places and under the floor boards as usual, awaiting the first scent of garbage or dirty laundry so that the insect-like creatures could then scurry out from their unatural hiding places to once again attack with reckless abandon.

Last weekend, I happened to gaze across the field next to where I had taken my family ice skating and what I saw was a most telling vision: 5 Democrats with outstretched wings trying to soak in a little warmth from the winter sun, and perhaps 10 others circling over a carcass not too far away. I believe that the great symbol of that party, the Jackass, should be upgraded to include a vulture riding atop the Ass's ass.

I saw some grafitti the other day. The "writer" quoted a famous talk show host, "liberalism is a mental disorder". To which an obvious liberal sympathizer wrote, "at least we have a mind of our own". My reply, "Yes, you have a mind of your own. One. And it's name is Ted Kennedy."

When I continue I'll also explain why a treaty or agreement at the time would not have worked anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home